CUMULUS MEDIA |EUGENE is looking for a Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer manages the installation, maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes responsibility for telecommunications, computer and networking systems.
Who We Are: Cumulus | Eugene currently features six radio stations in the Willamette Valley area: 96.1 KZEL, Star 102.3, KNRQ Alternative, 95.3 The Score, KUGN and 98.1 The Valley. We are also the exclusive radio partner for the Oregon Ducks.
- Oversees staff that maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
- Establishes routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
- Oversees and assist with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- Works with local management to coordinate remote broadcasts as needed
- Responsibilities include compliance with FCC rules and regulations, budgeting
- Travel to other markets or towers and stations may be required
- Manages a staff of one or more people
- 24/7 on call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
- Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems, Novel, Linux, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities
- IT skills including local area and wide area networking
- Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping