Public Education Partnership (PEP) Advertising Program
EARS has a program designed exclusively for the use of non-profit organizations.
Our hope is that this special arrangement will help put the power of radio to work for the organizations that work so hard for our community.
Public Education Partnership Ads (PEP)
The FCC (Federation Communications Commission) allows state and local Broadcast Councils to sell commercial air-time to non-profit organizations and governmental agencies with very limited financial resources. This provides financial support to the Broadcast Councils.
- The advertising rates are extremely low. (Even lower than political advertising rates.)
- The ads are 30 seconds in length and are broadcast Monday-Sunday between 6am and midnight.
- Participating radio stations contribute some of their advertising time to the Eugene Area Radio Stations (EARS) Broadcast Council.
Additional Details About PEP
The attached EARS Public Educational Program Guidelines and Application explains our non-profit announcement program, plus provides us the information to determine that your organization understands and agrees with the guidelines. Please leave blank any question on the application that does not apply to your organization. Call with your questions.
Assuming that you understand and agree to the attached Guidelines and complete the Application portion for our review, we can get together to discuss your announcement content and how best to accomplish your goals.
Some of the non-profit organizations that have benefited this program:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Camp Harlow
- Cascade Chorus - Valentines
- City of Eugene
- City of Springfield
- Community Health Centers of LC
- Emergence Addiction & Behavioral Therapies
- Eugene Film Festival
- Eugene Police Department
- Eugene/Springfield Fire Department
- Girl Scouts of OR/WA
- Great Rotary Raffle – CAWOOD
- Habitat for Humanity – ReStore
- Kids Sports
- Lane Blood Center
- Lane County Public Health
- Lane County Public Works
- Lane County Waste Management Division
- NEDCO – Neighborhood Economic Development
- Oregon Air & Space Museum
- Oregon Partnership
- Pearl Buck Center
- Relief Nursery
- Rotary District 110
- Serenity Lane
- Springfield Development & Public Works
- Springfield Police Department
- St. Vincent De Paul
- Volunteers in Medicine – CAWOOD
- Willamalane Parks & Recreation
- WorkSource Lane
Note that for this PEP program there is a very small charge per announcement. They are charged at the low, discounted non-profit organization rate of just $6 per 30-second announcement.
The announcement is actually scheduled at specific times and days (like regular advertising) on all local radio stations to ensure that at least 91% of adults in Lane County have the opportunity to hear your message in the course of a week.
Yes, free PSA announcements are still available through each of the radio stations, though many are unscheduled, are not pre-recorded to a specific message, and are generally aired at the discretion of the station when time is available.
The EARS PEP Program recommends a minimum budget of $600 to air in a given week-long schedule. This budget would generate at least 100 total announcements airing on 15 commercial radio stations and three public radio stations in the area, or one 30-second announcement per station every day 6am – midnight, Monday – Sunday.
Schedules that feature more frequency for greater impact are available.
Duration of your campaign depends on your educational goals, available budget, and message complexity.
You may also purchase a demographically-targeted retail advertising schedule directly from one or more of the radio stations to create additional impact with your messages (but you cannot use the same announcement on both PEP and retail ad schedules).
Advertising rates also include:
- Concept & Strategy consultation
- Script Writing – with pre-approval
- Top area radio talents – voicing your announcements
- Permanent Copy (dub) of your messages as an mp3 or CD
- Post Analysis of station affidavit documents with actual broadcast times and frequency of your radio advertising schedule.
I am here to assist you in any way to work through your questions about this great community support program. Please call or email at your convenience. I am always available to meet with you and your team to discuss your program and how it can be communicated to the community.
The Management and Staff of the Eugene Area Radio Stations appreciate your consideration of using the power of radio to communicate your message to the community.